We are seeking a number of Competition lawyers to join our market leading national Competition & Regulatory practice. These roles provide an excellent opportunity to work with industry leaders on high profile matters in a dynamic and supportive team environment.
Our Competition team holds a Band One ranking by Chambers Asia Pacific 2022. Our team specialises in all areas of competition law, including high profile mergers and joint ventures, contentious competition and consumer law investigations and litigation, ACCC market studies, access to essential infrastructure and industry regulation issues. We advise our clients on large scale commercial transactions and investigations and act for major Australian and international corporations across a wide range of industries.
About the team
In this role you will work closely with Partners in our national team including Wayne Leach, Luke Woodward, Peta Stevenson, Tamara Hunter, Caroline Coops, Lisa Huett and Simon Cooke who are recognised as leading competition lawyers in the Australian market, with high profile international clients and cutting-edge practices.
Teamwork is essential to us being able to provide exceptional service to our clients. For example, on large and complex international transactions, our role often involves collaborating with colleagues across our firm as well as foreign counsel from leading firms in the US, Europe and Asia. This makes for a fast paced, stimulating working environment and an opportunity for you to develop strong internal relationships.
You will have:
- experience in advising clients on a range of contentious and non-contentious competition and consumer law issues, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, cartels, commercial agreements, access to essential infrastructure, market conduct issues and regulatory investigations
- experience in dealing with the ACCC
- a strong team focus and a positive attitude
- previous experience in an Australian or overseas law firm - preferably a top tier firm - or a competition regulator
- an ability to identify and think through complex legal issues and to provide practical and effective solutions
You will have excellent written, analytical, communication and research skills to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice and a strong commitment to client service. You will also play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients by working on matters with them, as well as having an enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities by participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks. You will enjoy working as part of a close, collaborative and committed team.
Who are we?
We are Asia’s top tier international law firm with deep roots in Australia spanning almost 200 years. With 30 offices, we have over 3,000 lawyers strategically positioned on the ground in the world's growth markets and financial centres.
Why work with us?
We promote a culture based on respect, trust, inclusivity, diversity, flexibility, mastery and growth. We seek to create a workplace where our people are proud to work and where their ambitions can be realised. Connection with our people is a priority, we offer targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, with regular feedback and coaching.
What else we’ll offer
- Access to market leading work in your chosen specialty, and the opportunity to work with leaders in their fields
- Flexible ways of working and various leave arrangements to balance your work and life commitments
- Holistic wellbeing programs supporting mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, EAP, gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin cancer checks and in house catered meals.
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities to help you meet your goals
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities, including 26 weeks paid parental leave open to both primary and secondary carers with no minimum service period for permanent employees
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged. We welcome, value, support and harness the positive benefits that people’s different life experiences bring, especially as they relate to gender, sexual orientation, culture, faith, disability and life stages.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.