About the role
This is an opportunity in Melbourne to join our market leading Corporate M&A team. As a Senior Associate, you will be responsible for varied and challenging complex legal work with a mix of M&A (both public and private), ECM and corporate advisory work, which often sets the pace in the market. You will also work closely with the Corporate M&A practices in our other Australian centres and international network, getting access to some of the most high-profile M&A deals (and leading practitioners) in the region.
We attribute our success in the marketplace to the outstanding talent of our people. Our team takes pride in giving clients pragmatic, commercially focused advice. Teamwork is important - we work closely as a team and with other practice groups and centres. It is a great place to learn and be challenged. You will have great mentoring from hands-on partners and work in a friendly, supportive environment. In addition, you will have access to a range of career development opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to work on some of Australia and Asia's most complex transactions and act for the region's largest and most significant public companies and major financial institutions. We have a strong corporate client base in the financial services, energy & resources, infrastructure, agribusiness, retail and gaming sectors.
As a member of the Corporate M&A team you will have demonstrated experience in working on and executing transactions, playing a key role in interfacing with clients and managing key workstreams. We take a partnering approach with our key clients and you will be expected to take an active role working with members of the team to ensure efficient and effective client delivery.
The ideal candidate will have experience in both public and private M&A, equity capital markets and general corporate advisory experience, with a particular emphasis on corporate law, listing rule compliance and governance.
Who are we?
We are Asia’s top tier international law firm with deep roots in Australia spanning almost 200 years. With 30 offices, we have over 3,000 lawyers strategically positioned on the ground in the world's growth markets and financial centres.
Why work with us?
We promote a culture based on respect, trust, inclusivity, diversity, flexibility, mastery and growth. We seek to create a workplace where our people are proud to work and where their ambitions can be realised. Connection with our people is a priority, we offer targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, with regular feedback and coaching.
What else we’ll offer
- Access to market leading work in your chosen specialty, and the opportunity to work with leaders in their fields
- Flexible ways of working and various leave arrangements to balance your work and life commitments
- Holistic wellbeing programs supporting mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, EAP, gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin cancer checks and in house catered meals.
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities to help you meet your goals
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities, including 26 weeks paid parental leave open to both primary and secondary carers with no minimum service period for permanent employees
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean, Senior Resourcing Consultant at email@example.com.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged. We welcome, value, support and harness the positive benefits that people’s different life experiences bring, especially as they relate to gender, sexual orientation, culture, faith, disability and life stages.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.