● Combine your strong communication skills with high energy and initiative to convert business opportunities
● Join a high performing and collaborative team – leaders in the market
● Leading international law firm – fast paced and rewarding role with lots of variety
● 12mth parental leave cover - Start January 2023 with the Law Firm of the Year award winner at the 2022 Australasian Law Awards
● Opportunity to be based out of the Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane or Melbourne!
Who are we?
We are King & Wood Mallesons. The top tier international law firm, from Asia, for the world.
A firm born in Asia, underpinned by world class capability. With over 2000 lawyers in 30 global locations, we draw from our Western and Eastern perspectives to deliver incisive counsel.
Our unique firm was born out of a big idea – that the world needs a firm like us. A firm that can bridge East and West and create a new standard of world-class legal services. A firm that attracts clients and talent with borderless ambitions. To become the leading top tier international law firm from Asia, for the world. Our clients need a top tier firm in the region who can match deep local understanding with a world-class platform. That's us. That's KWM.
We are driven by a simple purpose – to use our mastery of the law for the lasting prosperity of our clients, people and communities. Everything we do is grounded in a set of core principles which guide the way we operate as a leading international firm – how we enable our clients to succeed; how we grow our people to be their best and how we support our communities to thrive.
You will be part of the Business Development & Marketing (BD&M) function that supports the firm to develop strong and enduring relationships with our clients, understand and identify opportunities in our core markets, win new business, create memorable client experiences and build a positive reputation as a market leader. You will be given exposure and experience that will be hard to find anywhere else.
Reporting directly to the Canberra based Senior Client Relationship Manager - Canberra and working closely with the national BD&M team, including the government sector team, this exceptional opportunity represents a chance to develop and enhance your career in a broad business development and marketing role - where you'll be both challenged and exposed to a number of development opportunities.
With flexibility for this role to based out of the Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane or Melbourne office, this 12mth parental leave cover will see you add value through key responsibilities such as:
● Developing and implementing BD plans, strategies and priorities across the Canberra centre and government sector
● Preparing high quality documents and materials, including client driven collateral, tenders and capability statements, directories submissions, reports and award submissions, as well as CVs, collateral tools and templates
● Identifying client feedback opportunities for the Canberra centre and the relevant sector and executing a plan to ensure key client and matter coverage
● Assisting with industry research, sourcing and analysing market data to support the identification of trends and opportunities
● Supporting specific marketing campaigns and initiatives - developing client driven, innovative thought leadership with the Clients and Sectors, Marketing Communications and Corporate Affairs teams
● Working with the Canberra centre, the BD&M team and national Events team to coordinate and manage successful client engagement initiatives, sponsorships and industry partnerships
Who are we looking for?
This is a hands-on role needing a natural collaborator with strong stakeholder and project management skills, and an ability to engage across all levels. As a team player, you understand the need to assist the wider team across all areas of practice and will bring a confidence to work with a degree of autonomy with partners and key stakeholders.
You will also bring:
● Demonstrated experience with track record of success in business development roles within a corporate, professional services or related organisation
● Expertise, experience and track record in proposal writing, market analysis and key account support
● Strong written and verbal communication skills, including attention to detail
● Ability to juggle numerous projects in a fast-paced environment working to tight timetables
● Pro-activity and the ability to exercise judgment regarding how/when to push forward key strategic initiatives and with engagement and influence
● Interest in BD & Marketing and contributing to enhancing the client experience
● Strong understanding of client management databases and software
An ability to:
● Communicate compellingly with people at all levels
● Develop mutually beneficial relationships with external and internal clients built on trust and respect
● To think analytically and conduct research on business trends, market, client and competitor intelligence
● Support the implementation of revenue enhancing, business and marketing strategies
● Deliver effective day to day/operational business development support.
Please click ‘Apply Now’ to apply online with your cover letter summarising why you’re applying and your resume to support your experience.
Applications open till Monday 12th December, 2022.
If you have any questions or need any further information, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Bridget on 02) 9296 3563.
Diversity & Inclusion
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged. We acknowledge, understand, accept, and value differences among all our people. This may relate to age, marital status, ethnicity, carer's status, gender, physical and mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, spiritual practice, or religious belief, for example.
We recognise the importance of reconciliation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and pay our respects to them as the traditional owners of country.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.