About the role
We are looking for a Senior Associate with a background in front end construction, infrastructure and project development to join our dynamic Projects team working closely with Katherine Vines.
We act for major mining companies, construction contractors, property developers and financiers in the development and implementation of major projects around Australia. You will be involved in negotiating and drafting contracts for all aspects of developments across the mining, energy, infrastructure and property development sectors.
You will be responsible for varied challenging complex legal work. In this role you will work with a busy team in a practice that covers all aspects of project development, and you will have a chance to work on cutting edge projects around Australia and take on a client-facing role working with some of the industry's leading players.
You will have
- proven experience in project documentation and advice across a broad range of construction documents and procurement methodologies including PPP, alliance, EPC and EPCM contracts
- first rate experience of drafting construction documents (including design and construct, EPC and O&M) and familiarity with Australian Standard contracts
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships across the KWM network. It is very important to us how our team works together both within the Perth office and nationally
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks
- experience with Construction Contracts Act claims is desirable
- you will have recognised experience gained in a similar environment and enjoy working as part of a committed team.
As a senior lawyer within the team you will be expected to maintain your networks to enhance development of the practice and be actively involved in industry related issues. You will have proven experience in assistance in the management of teams and allocating resources to ensure the efficient and effective utilisation of solicitor skill sets. You will be expected to contribute to the development of the practice so that commercially sensible and innovative solutions are provided to our clients.
Who are we?
We are Asia’s top tier international law firm with deep roots in Australia spanning almost 200 years. With 30 offices, we have over 3,000 lawyers strategically positioned on the ground in the world's growth markets and financial centres.
Why work with us?
We promote a culture based on respect, trust, inclusivity, diversity, flexibility, mastery and growth. We seek to create a workplace where our people are proud to work and where their ambitions can be realised. Connection with our people is a priority, we offer targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, with regular feedback and coaching.
What else we’ll offer
- Access to market leading work in your chosen specialty, and the opportunity to work with leaders in their fields
- Flexible ways of working and various leave arrangements to balance your work and life commitments
- Holistic wellbeing programs supporting mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, EAP, gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin cancer checks and in house catered meals.
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities to help you meet your goals
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities, including 26 weeks paid parental leave open to both primary and secondary carers with no minimum service period for permanent employees
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean, Senior Resourcing Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged. We welcome, value, support and harness the positive benefits that people’s different life experiences bring, especially as they relate to gender, sexual orientation, culture, faith, disability and life stages.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.