We are seeking dispute resolution solicitors at the Senior Associate level with experience in corporate and financial litigation to join our highly regarded team.
In this role you will be responsible for market leading litigious and contentious regulatory work for an enviable range of clients with a particular focus on corporate and financial litigation.
About the team
Our Disputes team is known for its breadth and depth of experience and this role will see you work with Partners who are known industry wide for their expertise. Working closely together is vital to the success of our friendly team, we regularly work with specialists from other practice groups. Our work is varied, interesting and often high profile. We act in most of Australia's largest and complex corporate and commercial disputes, regulatory investigations and public inquiries.
These roles will report to Moira Saville who specialises in dispute resolution in the areas of class actions, contentious regulatory investigations and litigation and royal commissions / public inquiries. You will also work across our team of Partners including Alexander Morris Damian Lovell Amanda Engels and Liam Burgess.
You will have:
- Proven experience in a range of disputes, including one or more of the following areas: financial services, commercial litigation, ASIC investigations, royal commissions
- Excellent drafting skills including experience of drafting court documents and evidence
- An interest in continuing development
- First rate written and oral communication and advocacy skills
- A commitment to achieving the best results for clients
- A desire to work in a professional and friendly team
Who are we?
We are Asia’s top tier international law firm with deep roots in Australia spanning almost 200 years. With 30 offices, we have over 3,000 lawyers strategically positioned on the ground in the world's growth markets and financial centres.
Why work with us?
We promote a culture based on respect, trust, inclusivity, diversity, flexibility, mastery and growth. We seek to create a workplace where our people are proud to work and where their ambitions can be realised. Connection with our people is a priority, we offer targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, with regular feedback and coaching.
What else we’ll offer
- Access to market leading work in your chosen specialty, and the opportunity to work with leaders in their fields
- Flexible ways of working and various leave arrangements to balance your work and life commitments
- Holistic wellbeing programs supporting mental and physical health, including access to a broad range of mental health resources, EAP, gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin cancer checks and in house catered meals.
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Access to a large range of learning and development opportunities to help you meet your goals
- A detailed framework to support working parents in balancing their personal and professional priorities, including 26 weeks paid parental leave open to both primary and secondary carers with no minimum service period for permanent employees
- Corporate discounts on health and general insurance, superannuation advice and other products and services
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of pro-bono and community impact programs, and inclusion networks
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged. We welcome, value, support and harness the positive benefits that people’s different life experiences bring, especially as they relate to gender, sexual orientation, culture, faith, disability and life stages.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, Seek, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.