We are seeking a Senior Solicitor/Junior Senior Associate with front end construction expertise to join our leading projects group in our Melbourne office.
About the role
Our market leading Projects group is currently seeking a talented Senior Solicitor/ Junior Senior Associate (SA 0-1yrs) to join our Melbourne team. This is an exceptional opportunity to work in a collegiate and high performing team advising on some of the country’s most exciting deals. You will work closely with Jane Hider Partner, who has more than 20 years’ experience in front end construction, specialising in major projects and procurement, real estate development, transport and renewables infrastructure, along with the wider Melbourne and national team. The work involves advising on a diverse range of major transactions and issues for some of Australia’s and the world’s pre-eminent energy, resources and infrastructure companies. We are a close-knit team with a market-leading presence in Melbourne and around Australia. We work closely with the Projects teams in other KWM offices across Australia, Asia and Europe, and with our colleagues in real estate, planning and environment, banking and M&A.
In this role you will be responsible for varied challenging complex legal work including:
- drafting and providing commercial advice on all forms of construction and project documentation, ranging from design and construct to ECI and other forms of relationship contracting, EPC and O&M across a wide range of sectors including renewable energy, health, electricity, residential, commercial, government and education;
- providing strategic advice on project delivery models; and
- carrying out construction contract reviews, preparing due diligence reports and providing project administration advice.
You will have
- front-end construction expertise across a wide range of sectors and enjoy working as part of a committed team
- first rate experience of drafting complex construction and project documents
- a positive attitude
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients and other areas of the firm
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - helping to develop and manage strategic relationships and networks, developing your own client relationships, and thinking “outside about the box” about other opportunities for practice development
Who are we?
We are Asia’s top tier international law firm with 25 offices and almost 3,000 lawyers strategically positioned in the world's growth markets and financial centres. We have deep roots in Australia spanning almost 200 years and acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional owners and custodians of these lands and waters.
Why work with us?
We promote a collaborative culture where people feel respected, valued and supported both personally and professionally, and where diversity and inclusion also play an important role in enhancing our knowledge, driving innovative solutions for our clients and creating positive social impact.
We live by our Principles, and strive for mastery in all that we do. We take pride in the high quality work we deliver. Working with colleagues and clients who are leaders in their fields, means the ability to explore new paths to progress with continual learning and development, career and leadership opportunities.
As part of the KWM community you’ll have access to a suite of wellbeing initiatives, benefits, policies and processes, to enable you to achieve your career goals..
At KWM, we’ll provide you with the platform to Learn, Master, Lead.
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged. We welcome, value, support and harness the positive benefits that people’s different life experiences bring, especially as they relate to gender, sexual orientation, culture, faith, disability and life stages.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.