● Varied HR people focused support role – We are looking for a proactive, solution focussed team player who is passionate about the value HR plays in an organisation
● We offer a collaborative culture; learning development opportunities; and a team that will support and encourage you
● As a leading law firm, we actively seek people from diverse backgrounds to enrich our culture and performance
This initial 12mth contract, reporting to the People & Development (P&D) Centre Manager - Canberra, is a core member of the P&D team. You will collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders and provide the Canberra team with P&D administrative and organisational support.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of P&D related projects and initiatives, supporting both the P&D team and the firm.
This role offers mentoring, autonomy and the chance to develop and grow your HR career with exposure to a broad scope of work.
With a focus on providing local support to the Canberra team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in all areas of the employment life cycle from onboarding of new staff, preparing employment contracts and correspondence, change in employment conditions, and arranging exits
- Assisting with the annual Law Clerk, Clerkship and Graduate process
- Liaising with payroll regarding employee entitlements, benefits, parental leave payments, change to work arrangements, leave arrangements
- HR Information System updates and maintenance
- Maintaining P&D records and electronic personnel files
- General P&D Support
- Involvement in national and local P&D team projects and initiatives
Who are we looking for?
You will bring a collaborative positive approach and work alongside a highly regarded and experienced team. Your organisational skills, ability to multi-task and exceptional time management skills, sets you apart. You will also bring:
- Prior experience in a similar HR support role
- Understanding of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- General working knowledge of Chris21 or a similar HRIS system (desired).
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A customer service focus and strive to deliver a positive experience for your client group and team members
- Professionalism and sensitivity when dealing with P&D matters
- Demonstration of high-level verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to form solid relationships both internally and externally with professionalism and ease
- An understanding of Human Resources practices in a large organisation.
- Knowledge of the legal or professional services environment will be looked on favourably
*Please note internally this role is called People & Development Coordinator
Please click ‘Apply Now’ to apply online with your cover letter summarising why you’re applying and your resume to support your experience.
Applications close COB Sunday 24th September, 2023.
If you have any questions or need any further information, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Bridget on 02) 9296 3563.
Who are we?
We are Asia’s top tier international law firm with 25 offices and almost 3,000 lawyers strategically positioned in the world's growth markets and financial centres. We have deep roots in Australia spanning almost 200 years and acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional owners and custodians of these lands and waters.
Why work with us?
We promote a collaborative culture where people feel respected, valued and supported both personally and professionally, and where diversity and inclusion also play an important role in enhancing our knowledge, driving innovative solutions for our clients and creating positive social impact.
We live by our Principles, and strive for mastery in all that we do. We take pride in the high quality work we deliver. Working with colleagues and clients who are leaders in their fields, means the ability to explore new paths to progress with continual learning and development, career and leadership opportunities.
As part of the KWM community you’ll have access to a suite of wellbeing initiatives, benefits, policies and processes, to enable you to achieve your career goals..
At KWM, we’ll provide you with the platform to Learn, Master, Lead.
Diversity and Inclusion
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people from diverse backgrounds. We welcome, value, support and harness the positive benefits that people’s different life experiences bring, especially as they relate to gender, sexual identity, culture, faith, disability and life stages.
If you are unsure if you meet all criteria for this role, but have a passion for delivering high quality work, developing your skills and realising your full potential, then we encourage you to apply and have a further conversation about how you could fit at KWM.
We have a range of inclusive hiring practices – if you would like to seek workplace adjustments to complete your application please contact the Recruitment contact for this role or email email@example.com.