Our Brisbane Dispute Resolution team are currently recruiting a Solicitor to work closely with Scott Watson. Scott’s team provides dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration services in respect of projects and works with an enviable range of market leading participants in the construction resources and infrastructure sectors including, government and private owners, sponsors, financiers and contractors. Our team has extensive experience in the oil and gas, energy and resources, infrastructure, real estate and telecommunications sectors, both within Australia and internationally.
You will have
- recognised construction disputes experience gained in a similar environment and enjoy working as part of a committed team
- excellent analytical, communication and research skills - to contribute to the delivery of prompt and commercially astute advice
- strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients
- team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships
- enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks
- first rate experience of drafting documents (including writs, statement of claim, default judgments, defences, witness statements, affidavits, complaints, agreements etc).
You will have recognised experience gained in a similar environment and enjoy working as part of a committed team.
Who are we?
We are Asia’s top tier international law firm with 25 offices and almost 3,000 lawyers strategically positioned in the world's growth markets and financial centres. We have deep roots in Australia spanning almost 200 years and acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional owners and custodians of these lands and waters.
Why work with us?
We promote a collaborative culture where people feel respected, valued and supported both personally and professionally, and where diversity and inclusion also play an important role in enhancing our knowledge, driving innovative solutions for our clients and creating positive social impact.
We live by our Principles, and strive for mastery in all that we do. We take pride in the high quality work we deliver. Working with colleagues and clients who are leaders in their fields, means the ability to explore new paths to progress with continual learning and development, career and leadership opportunities.
As part of the KWM community you’ll have access to a suite of wellbeing initiatives, benefits, policies and processes, to enable you to achieve your career goals..
At KWM, we’ll provide you with the platform to Learn, Master, Lead.
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
For further information on this role, please contact Kellie McLean on Kellie.McLean@au.kwm.com
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged. We welcome, value, support and harness the positive benefits that people’s different life experiences bring, especially as they relate to gender, sexual orientation, culture, faith, disability and life stages.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
All job applications must be submitted through kwm.com, LinkedIn or an authorised agency, applications through any other third party websites will not be accepted.
Agencies - please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role.